- 6 pounds boned pork shoulder with skin intact, butterflied
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons browning sauce
- Oil the shoulder roast inside and out and rub the salt and pepper into the flesh. Rub the garlic, rosemary and dillweed into the flesh. Put shoulder into a leakproof and container and pour the wine in and around the shoulder. Cover tightly and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 days.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and tie it at about 1 inch intervals to form an even roll. Bring the meat to room temperature for about 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Paint the roast with browning sauce and bake the roast until it has internal temperature of 150 degrees F (65 degrees C). Estimate 30 minutes cooking time per pound. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) at this time. Serve.