Each year Florence, Italy hosts the “Fiera del Cioccolato Artigianale” (Artisan Chocolate Fair), a 10-day event where chocolate vendors from all over the country entice passersby with edible displays and delectable free samples. Here’s a look at what gets the city to ditch their tailored Italian slacks for some good old stretchy pants:
Get your sweet tooth ready because that’s just the beginning. You’ve also got all these chocolate-themed events to enjoy:
- Chocolate-dyed clothing exhibition (free!) – February 7th, 15:00-16:00
- Chocolate and tea tastings (€6) – February 7th, 10th-12th, 14th, 17:00-18:00
- Flag Throwing performance – February 8th, 15:00-16:00
- Chocolate cocktails – February 9th & 13th, reserve a spot with: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chocolate face painting (free!) – February 8th, 9th, and 13th, from 16:00-19:00
- Aperitivo (€8) – February 7th – 14th, from 19:00-21:00, reserve a spot with: email@example.com
- Grappa (Italian brandy) and chocolate tasting (free!) – February 15th, 17:00-18:00, reserve a spot with: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chocolate-Themed Valentine’s Dinner at Cavolo Nero Restaurant (€43) – February 14th, from 20:30 on, call 055-496433 for reservations
- Brunch (€15) February 8th-9th, 15th-16th, 12:00-14:00
What are you most excited to taste at the Fiera del Cioccolato?
And while your showing your love for chocolate, show some love to someone you care about!
…and our student apartments are just as “sweet” as the chocolate festival!