Florens 2010 - Week of Cultural and Environmental Heritage, to be held in Florence, 12 to 20 November 2010.The first International Week of Cultural and Environmental Heritage includes 30 conferences, 10 exhibitions, 150 events and the International Forum, organized in collaboration with The European House - Ambrosetti, under the patronage of the President of the Republic and the sponsorship of the Ministry Heritage and Culture, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Environment and Protection of Land and Sea, Tuscany, Florence Province, Municipality of Florence and Unesco. Florens 2010 host personality and experience of world-class excellence and at the same time the cultural, artistic and economic territory. The entire city of Florence will be involved: the sacred places (Cathedral, Baptistery) to those of civic institutions (Palazzo Vecchio, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Palazzo Strozzi Sacrati), from mansions to streets, from museums to universities, from the 'hospitals 'libraries, theaters, libraries, to the neighboring municipalities of Scandicci, Fiesole, Campi Bisenzio, Bagno a Ripoli.Among the events more attractive, Piazza del Duomo will be involved in urban art installation of great visual impact: its floor will be transformed into a huge meadow full of flowers as it did in the famous Miracle of San Zenobi. And yet David, the power of beauty, a tribute to Michelangelo's masterpiece, with a life-size reproduction of the statue which will be housed on the spur of the Cathedral, in front of St. Maria del Fiore and the Salone dei Cinquecento in Palazzo Vecchio to retrace virtually the dispute that broke out in its place 500.
September 28, at 21, with 100 locations in the city will be held simultaneously 100 open assemblies in which citizens can contribute practically to the reorganization, the construction or improvement of the area of the city that is most dear tothem, living longer.Squares, gardens, schools, car parks, infrastructure, and renovate space to empty completely. Participate in meetings to mean their voices heard, have the opportunity to express their opinion on what and how you want to change the city. It means to give shape to their needs, respecting the needs of everyone, and deepen the dynamics that lead to modification of the urban city.This is the list of 100 sites chosenThis is the page to join the event
From 1 July to 30 September 2010, the terraces of hotels, restaurants and other public places open to offer a magnificent view, each with a different point of view and suggestive.In almost all terraces there is a bar or restaurant, an aperitif, for dinner at sunset for a drink under the stars.In some cases, the terrace is also open to visitors only look at the view and take photographs.
For a great number of Florentines the familiar small, walled oval hill on piazzale Donatello is little more than a roundabout. Granted, it is a rather mysterious roundabout, higher than most, revealing peaks of elegant cypresses and glimpses of marble tombstones, but undoubtedly a landmark en passant for the modern motorist speeding along the wide viale from piazza Libertà down towards the Arno.
Villa il Gioiello ("The Jewel") is a villa in Florence, central Italy, famous for being one of the residences of Galileo Galilei, which he lived in from 1631 until his death in 1642. It is also known as Villa Galileo (not to be confused with the other homes of Galileo found in Florence, which are in Costa San Giorgio, as well as a villa in Bellosguardo).The name Gioiello was given due to its favorable position in the hills of Arcetri, near the Torre del Gallo. It was an elegant home, surrounded by many acres of farmland with a separate house for workers. It is recorded in the cadastre of 1427 to have been owned by Tommaso di Cristofano Masi and his brothers, who later passed it on to the Calderini family in 1525, where it is first mentioned as "The Jewel". The villa and its estate suffered damages during the siege of Florence in the years 1529 and 1530, whilst the entire area of Arcetri and Pian dei Giullari were occupied by Imperial troops. Calderini I sold it shortly thereafter to the Cavalcanti family, who rebuilt the home with its original simple lines, preserving its elegant look to the present day.